Look no further for a Lemon Bread Recipe that is both gluten-free and dairy-free! This gluten-free lemon bread is perfectly tangy, delicious, and is bursting with lemony flavor. It’s great to have with your morning coffee or to bring to a brunch!
Gluten-Free Lemon Bread
I don’t know about you, but I want all the lemon-flavored treats when it starts to get warm out. The perfect mix of sweet and sour gets me every time. If you are a lemon lover like me, then you will absolutely love this recipe.
What you’ll need to make this lemon bread.
- All purpose gluten-free flour
- granulated sugar or substitute
- baking powder
- Dairy-free milk
How do I make Gluten-Free Lemon Bread?
- Preheat oven and grease a glass loaf baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, mix eggs, dairy-free milk, oil, and lemon zest. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes, until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool on a rack.
How do I make the Glaze? Do I have to use glaze?
The glaze is completely optional! This bread is delicious even without the glaze.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining sugar and lemon juice and stir until dissolved.
- Drizzle the lemon sugar glaze over the top of the bread.
Let me know how your lemon bread turned out in the comments below!
Gluten-Free Lemon Bread
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup oil
- Zest from 1 large lemon
Glaze Ingredients (optional)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- Preheat oven to 360°F and grease a loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mix eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
- Slowly poor the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until combined.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in the loaf pan for about 15 minutes then remove from loaf pan and place on a cooling rack until cooled completely.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and lemon juice, then stir until sugar dissolves.
- Drizzle evenly over cooled lemon bread.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.
I hope you make this delicious Gluten-Free Lemon Bread and savor every bite. Enjoy with a coffee for breakfast or with your tea in the afternoon!
Leave a Reply