This easy Pad Thai recipe is delicious and can be made in just 30 minutes! It’s restaurant-quality AND it’s gluten and dairy-free!
Gluten-Free Pad Thai
I have been eating a gluten-free diet for a few years now and I LOVE that I can still eat Pad Thai! This Pad Thai recipe will make you feel like you’re eating takeout. In fact, this is one of the most frequently requested dinners in my house… and I am not mad about it!
How do I make Pad Thai?
Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl (brown sugar, fish sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, and peanut butter) then set aside. Next, cook the chicken and veggies in a large pan or wok, add the egg to the same pan and scramble, boil the noodles per package directions, then mix everything together and you’ve just made yourself some tasty pad thai!
What noodles do I use for Pad Thai?
Pad Thai noodles are made from rice, which is gluten-free by nature! You can buy them at most grocery stores and even at Target! Pad Thai noodles are This made it so easy to modify this into both a dairy and gluten-free dinner. You can also substitute different veggies such as red pepper, onion, peas, mushrooms, or broccoli.
Can I modify this Pad Thai recipe?
Change up the veggies – I use zucchini and carrots simply because this is how my favorite local takeout place does it. This dish would also be good with broccoli, peppers, onion, mushrooms, and peas.
Switch up the protein – Chicken has always been my go-to, but why not add or change it up to shrimp, beef, pork, or tofu?
Spice it up (or down) – My fiance LOVES Sriracha sauce, so he always wants me to add a little more and it’s great! I’ll sometimes even add some crushed pepper flakes to spice it up. Use half the Sriracha and add a little more peanut butter to decrease the heat.
Gluten-Free Pad Thai
- 8 oz Flat rice noodles
- 8 oz uncooked chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 green onions
- 2 limes
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
Pad Thai Sauce
- 5 tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce gluten-free
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Cook noodles per package instructions.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add chicken and garlic and cook 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan along with the carrots, zucchini, and bean sprouts. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then push the veggies to the side. Add the eggs and scramble, cutting into smaller pieces as they cook.
- Set aside a few crushed peanuts, then add noodles, peanuts, beansprouts, and sauce to the pan. Toss until everything is mixed and coated.
- Top it off with cilantro, chives, remaining peanuts, and lime wedges.
Leave a Reply