This is the only Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe you’ll need! These cookies are soft, chewy, AND have the perfect amount of pumpkin to get you ready for fall.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
The weather has turned and it actually feels like fall here in Cleveland – and it looks like it is finally here to stay. Don’t get me wrong, I love summer, but the cooler temperatures bring thoughts of hayrides, hot cocoa, football, and pumpkin EVERYTHING.
These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies are great to bring as a fall treat when considering possible dietary restrictions (careful with coconut allergy – this recipe uses coconut oil, but may be substituted with vegan butter). The best part about these cookies is that they taste so good that no one would even know that they’re gluten-free and dairy-free!
Pumpkin Cookie Shopping List:
- Pumpkin puree
- Chocolate chips
- Gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut milk
- Coconut oil
- Pumpkin puree
Helpful tip for picture-perfect cookies – save a few chocolate chips to press on top of each cookie right when you take them out of the oven.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil solid
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp unsulphured molasses
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 ¼ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ cups dairy-free/gluten-free chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the sugars, coconut oil, and vanilla until smooth (About 2 minutes). Add coconut milk, molasses, and pumpkin puree and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice, and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient mixture and mix until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips, saving a few for after baking.
- Scoop the dough into 12 large balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden and set around the edges.
- Immediately after removing cookies from oven, press remaining chocolate chips onto the tops for picture-worthy cookies. Cool completely on cookie sheet, then devour!
Helpful items to make this recipe: